This recipe was the most fun to make! So many kids went back to make seconds, I couldn't believe it! They loved it!
PIZZA - Omadillas: An omelettey, pizza flavoured Quesadillas
· 2 eggs beaten
· 1/2 tsp dried herbs (basil, oregano, chives)
· 1/2 cup chopped veggies (peppers, onions, mushrooms, zucchini)
· 1/2 cup tomato sauce
· 2 whole wheat flour tortillas
· 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
1. Lightly coat small fry pan with oil or butter. Warm pan on stove (medium heat).
2. Beat the eggs with the dried herbs. Pour into warm skillet.
3. Scatter the chopped veggies evenly over top of the egg. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes until the egg is set (doesn't jiggle).
4. Slide omelette onto plate and cut in half.
5. Spread tomato sauce evenly over tortillas.
6. Grate cheese. Sprinkle tortilla evenly with cheese.
7. Place one half of omelette on each tortilla. Fold over.
8. Toast the filled tortilla in hot skillet for 2-3 minutes to toast and melt the cheese.
9. Cut into wedges and serve.