"It's profoundly important that every single child leaves school knowing how to cook ten recipes. That will save their life."
- Jamie Oliver
- 25% of Canadians have diabetes or pre-diabetes, increasingly at younger ages (CDA 2015)
- Obesity rates tripled in 30 years with 1 in 3 children identified as over-weight or obese (StatsCan: Mean BMI of Children 2011)
Let’s COOKSMART with Real Food, made real easy.
COOKSMART workshops accommodate 6 to 24 participants:
- Sessions led by a certified COOKSMART instructor
- Age appropriate techniques for simple cooking, clean-up and kitchen safety
- Real-world applications for math, health, science, social studies, reading and writing
- Nut-free program. All special diets and allergies accommodated.
Focusing on a variety of fresh vegetables and fruits, students prepare, enjoy and clean-up all while learning and practicing kitchen safety in a group environment.
Students are encouraged to share their new skills at home.
Typical COOKSMART session
(60 min) includes:
- Nutrition tips for healthy living
- Seasonal vegetable of the day
- Taste test of new foods in safe environment
- Washing and preparing Fruits & Veggies for two recipes of the day
- Eating the snack together using table manners
- Cleaning up the dishes, tools and classroom together – just like at home