1 small tomato
2 large avocados
1 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lime juice
1 garlic clove pressed (optional)
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt or less
Additional chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Wash tomatoes. Slice in half to remove core and seeds of tomatoes. Cut into large chunks. Put into Manual Food Processor.
2. Cut avocados in half length-wise. Carefully remove pit. Scoop out avocado from skin using spoon into Manual Food Processor for smoother texture.
3. Wash and dry cilantro with paper towel. Remove leaves from larger stems. Place 2 tbsp of leaves in with tomato.
4. Cut limes in half. Place cut side down in citrus press, and squeeze over bowl. Continue until you get about 4 tbsp full.
5. Put garlic clove in garlic press with thin skin on. If skin is hard, flatten clove to break skin and peel before putting in garlic press. Squeeze garlic out, scrape off with knife into bowl.
6. Combine avocados, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, garlic in Manual Food Processor. Add salt in and mix. Taste for flavour.
7. Put in small bowl for serving. Garnish with additional chopped cilantro, if desired.