Enjoy working with kids? Love healthy cooking? Looking for meaningful experience working with children and nutrition? Get some great hands-on experience as an instructor with COOKSMART!
COOKSMART was created by a teacher-nutritionist that has had over 2000 students participate in healthy cooking programs run by professional instructors across the GTA. Through in-school workshops, afterschool programs and camp programs, we provide hands-on nutrition & cooking instruction for elementary, middle and secondary school students. We love what we do and we are ready to expand.
- Manage the behaviour lesson plan, tools, food, and clean-up for groups of students ages 5-18 to effectively to facilitate hands-on workshops, afterschool programs, plus full-day and week-long camps
- Demonstrate the safe handling of all food, cooking tools, including but not limited to knives, blenders and choppers
- Plan and organize materials and properly care for kitchen tools
- Skills, qualifications and abilities:
- Passion for health and wellness, nutrition and food preparation
- Previous experience working as an instructor with children and students required
- Knowledge and demonstration of safe food handling techniques and procedures; Food Handler Certification preferred
- First aid training preferred; particularly for food allergies
- Able to be flexible and think on your feet
- Great interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi task in a fast-paced working environment
- Team player, mature attitude and professional work ethic
- Able to physically move load of up to 20 lbs
- Access to a car an asset
Motivated individuals can make this opportunity grow!
Part-time work, which may include afternoons and some daytime work as needed. Summer instructor positions for full-time camps available as well.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org
THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST IN COOKSMART!