COOKSMART is a hands-on, cooking program – for students from kindergarten to grade 12 – designed to build kitchen confidence and help kids learn how to make healthy meals and snacks from REAL FOOD.
Focusing on a variety of fresh vegetables and fruits, students prepare, enjoy and clean-up all while learning and practicing kitchen safety in a group environment. Students are encouraged to share their new skills at home.
COOKSMART workshops accommodate between six and 24 students and include:
- One-hour or two-hour age-specific lesson, led by certified COOKSMART instructor
- Age appropriate techniques for simple cooking, clean-up and kitchen safety
- Real-world applications for math, health, science, social studies, reading and writing
- Online resources available for students and parents
- Focus on increasing daily vegetables and fruits
- Nut-free program. All special diets and allergies accommodated.
COOKSMART is available as a single event or in a series of workshops throughout the Greater Toronto Area. Multi-session events finish with a Cooking Challenge to engage students’ creativity and teamwork.